Effective Date: November 12, 2018
- using the Company’s products and services;
- visiting the https://trackmymac.com website;
- visiting any other linked pages or application services offered by the Company.
Your California Privacy Rights
We make these disclosures to those visiting our website who reside in California which supersede and replace any conflicting disclosures found elsewhere on our website.
Opt-Out of Disclosure for Direct Marketing Purposes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to learn the identities of entities that received their Personal Information for marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. You may request such information by contacting us by e-mail addressed to email@example.com. Please reference California Privacy Rights in your subject line. You may also write to us at:
United Arab Emirates
L1204, The Lofts
Dubai Media City
ATTN: Privacy Officer
Please be aware that this opt-out does not prohibit our disclosure of Personal Information for any purpose other than direct marketing. The information we collect and share may include your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
Automatic Gathering of Information. We collect information that you provide to us online, and through websites of unaffiliated third parties.
Automatic Gathering of Information by Third Parties. When you visit our website, third parties can collect Personally Identifiable Information about your online activities over time and across different websites pertaining to your visit to or use of our and other websites.
Do-Not-Track Requests. California residents visiting our website may request that we not automatically gather and track information pertaining to their online browsing movements across the Internet. Such requests are typically made through Web browser settings that control signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personally Identifiable Information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. We currently do not have the ability to honor these requests. We may modify this Policy as our abilities change.
Effective November 2018
Collection and Use of Information
While you are visiting our website or using our software, we may collect and use different types of information about you. This information is used only for fast and efficient rendering of our products and services to our customers. In addition, we may use your personal information to provide you with important information about the product or service that you are using, including critical updates and notifications.
Personal Information We Collect
We gather the following data from our customers:
Information Provided by You
During “Sing Up” process you will be required to provide us such information as:
- Contact details (such as email address);
- You can create an account using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with an option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form;
- Communication with our support (via emails, chats or calls).
Information provided by you will be used only for:
- Account creation;
- Notification emails;
- Providing customer support and responding to customer requests.
This data enables fast and efficient rendering of our products and services to our customers. In addition, it is used for communication purposes, such as notifying you about product updates or special offers.
User information is not complemented by information from other sources.
Once you purchase our software, the information collected by our software is linked to your personal information and can be used to handle any technical, product, or customer support requests that you may send to us.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition to information you enter yourself, we may collect some information automatically for optimizing your experience when using our product and improving the product itself, including:
- Device information;
- User configuration information;
- Browser information.
This data is used for the following purposes:
- Finding out how many people visit our website and how frequently;
- Learning how many people use our products and services;
- Finding out which products and services are used more frequently than others;
- Collecting some other statistical information.
Information Collected by “Track My Mac” with your prior consent:
- Geolocation data;
- IP address.
- Access to built-in iSight camera or any external camera.
This data is used for:
- Providing you with our services.
In case if you want to delete your Kromtech account please contact our Customer Support via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting Information from Children
Company’s website or services are not directed to children. We may not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 16 years of age.
If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access our product and services at any time or in any manner. Company reserves the right to delete this information if it learns that Personally Identifiable Information of children under the age of 16 has been collected on the services without parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 16 has obtained an account on our services, then you may contact our Customer Support at email@example.com and request to delete that child’s personal information.
In case you mark your computer is LOST or STOLEN we will generate a full report which will be sent on your mobile. To make this report we will collect such information as:
- Computer name;
- Computer model;
- Serial number;
- Location details (such as date and time, address, IP, GPS coordinates);
- Network details (such as Mac address, Internal IP, External IP, router, subnet mask, current WIFI SSID).
Also we will make snapshots using the built-in iSight camera or any external camera every five minutes to attach a photo of a thief or person who found your Mac to the report.
Note that this information is not used by Kromtech Alliance Corp. for any purpose. This information can be accessed only by the user in their Kromtech account.
You are able to deactivate the Anti-Theft service in MacKeeper or through the Kromtech account.
“Remote Lock/Unlock Screen”
When your Mac is online and "Remote Lock/Unlock Screen" is enabled in MacKeeper you will have an opportunity to save your unlock password by tapping on the “Remember password” button. So next time you want to unlock your Mac remotely you will not have to re-enter your password. Be sure that your saved password is completely safe and secure, no one has access to it.
Information Collected via Email:
Occasionally you will receive customer satisfaction surveys via email where you will be asked to provide us with your opinion and some additional personal information. It will be used solely by us for our internal usage to improve our products and services, overall, making your user experience better.
You may also receive some newsletters and various promotional materials from the Company notifying you about product updates or special offers. If you don’t want to receive such emails from us, you are free to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
You can find the information of how it is done at the bottom of the email that you have received.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. In the event you terminate relationship with Kromtech, we may retain information needed to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreement, protect our legal rights, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of MacKeeper. Otherwise, we will retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to provide you services, create and improve MacKeeper, comply with the law, and to run our business. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may occasionally hire other companies, consultants and contractors to provide limited services on our behalf. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service.
They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. To ensure this, we use standard contract clauses, rely on the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable when transferring data to other countries. For example, we may share your non-identifiable information in the event of business transfer, if it will be required by law etc.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your information (identifiable or non-identifiable) in the event of:
- Affiliates: In some cases we may closely cooperate with some companies and/or businesses, and may require your Personal Information for various transactions with these partners.
- Agents: We may employ other companies to act as intermediate parties for us; therefore, we may share our customers’ private information with them. These agents will not use your information for purposes other than assisting us.
- Business Transfers: Customer information belongs to the Company’s business assets. Therefore when the Company becomes owned by a third party as the result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy, customer information is passed to this third party as well.
- Protection of the Company and Others: It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities and institutions to disclose your Personal Information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
- With Your Consent: You will be informed about other possible cases of sharing your Personal Information, and will have the right to prevent this.
We do not sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information to anyone.
- The website that referred you to us;
- The web pages you viewed on our site;
- The advertisements you viewed and clicked on at our website;
- Coupon activity including the types of coupons that you choose;
- Store your browser preferences such as language and currency;
- Display content based upon what you view on our website to personalize the ads you see;
- The amount you paid when buying our products and services. This information is anonymized, so we don't know that was exactly you or someone else, we just know the total amount that we received. We need this information to keep internal statistics.
Kromtech supports the development of a “do not track” standard. At this time our websites do not respond to DNT mechanisms. Once a standardized "Do Not Track" (DNT) feature is released, we intend to adhere to the browser settings accordingly.
- Storing your preferences and settings. Settings that enable our products to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. For example, language and currency that you selected on our website.
You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer, and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a website.
Kromtech fully respects your privacy and will use only the minimum personal data required to improve our products or services and personalize our recommendations. You can review and manage your privacy settings by contacting our Customer Support in written via
email or at your MacKeeper Account (this option is available for all MacKeeper Customers from May 25, 2018).
For example, you can:
- Update your account information;
- Choose to opt-in or opt-out of Kromtech marketing communications;
- Access data that has been collected about you by Kromtech;
- Restrict processing of your personal data;
- Deactivate your Account or delete the personal information associated with your account.
- Note: In this event you will no longer have access to the services associated with your account.
Security of your information is very important to us, and we do our best to secure your information. But remember that the Internet is not a secure environment, so we encourage you to be vigilant about protecting the confidentiality of your information.
We have implemented a number of security features throughout the site that are intended to help prevent the unauthorized release of or access to the user information we collect online.
As we described above, we collect different kinds of information. Specifically, it is Personally Identifiable Information and non-Personally Identifiable Information. Each kind of information has its own appropriate level of protection. For example, there is no need to protect non-Personal Information with the highest level of security.
To protect your Personal Information, we restrict access to it to Company employees, contractors and agents who need it to perform their job duties. In addition, those who have access to Personal Information are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or have their contracts terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We protect your information by using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, no one can guarantee absolute protection of your Personal Data. You must also do your part in protecting the data, systems, networks, and services that you are using.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites and services that may be linked from our website.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by contacting us here.
Changes To This Policy