Date Stamp: 05/18/2016
- using the Company’s products and services;
- visiting the http://trackmymac.com website or other websites of the Company;
- visiting any other linked pages or application services offered by the Company.
What Information We Collect?
Information Provided by You
During “Sing Up” process you will be required to provide us such information as:
- Contact details (such as email address);
- You can create an account using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with an option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form.
Information provided by you will be used only for:
- creation of Kromtech account;
- notification emails.
Users are able to correct material inaccuracies of information they’ve provided either through the app or in their Kromtech account.
Information Collected by “Track My Mac”:
- Geolocation data;
- IP address.
This data is used for:
- Providing you with our services.
In case if you want to delete your Kromtech account please contact our Customer Support via email: email@example.com.
For the proper functioning of Track my Mac app, you’ll be required to install and sing up into MacKeeper and enable Anti-Theft service. After you enable Anti-Theft service we will automatically collect the computer's IP address and its geographical position every hour.
In case you mark your computer is LOST or STOLEN we will generate a full report which will be sent on your mobile. To make this report we will collect such information as:
- Computer name;
- Computer model;
- Serial number;
- Location details (such as date and time, address, IP, GPS coordinates);
- Network details (such as Mac address, Internal IP, External IP, router, subnet mask, current WIFI SSID).
Also we will make snapshots using the built-in iSight camera or any external camera every five minutes to attach a photo of a thief or person who found your Mac to the report.
Note that this information is not used by Kromtech Alliance Corp. for any purpose. This information can be accessed only by the user in their Kromtech account.
You are able to deactivate the Anti-Theft service in MacKeeper or through their Kromtech account.
“Remote Lock/Unlock Screen”
When your Mac is online and "Remote Lock/Unlock Screen" is enabled in MacKeeper you will have an opportunity to save your unlock password by tapping on the “Remember password” button. So next time you want to unlock your Mac remotely you will not have to re-enter your password. Be sure that your saved password is completely safe and secure, no one has access to it.
From time to time you will receive newsletters and various promotional materials from the Company notifying you about product updates or special offers. If you don’t want to receive such emails from us, you are free to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
You can find the information of how it is done at the bottom of the email that you have received.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We respect and protect your private information, and do not disclose it to anyone. We will share your Personal Information only in the following cases:
- Customer information belongs to the Company’s business assets. Therefore when the Company becomes owned by a third party as the result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy, customer information is passed to this third party as well.
- If your Personal Information will be required by the government or legal institutions, we have the right to reveal it in order to comply with the law or protect our rights, property, employees, users etc.
We will share your Personal Information only upon receiving a consent from you. You will be informed about possible cases of sharing your Personal Information and will have the right to prevent this.
Collecting Information from Children
Company’s website or services are not directed to children. We may not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If you learn that Company has collected any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do everything to secure private information of our customers by implementing the newest data protection technologies. However, we cannot ensure the 100% security of your Personal Information. Various system failures or unauthorized access may jeopardize user information at any time. If you navigate to some other websites from our website, please be aware that we are no longer responsible for privacy policies of other sites and services.
Changes To This Policy
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, you may contact Kromtech via email: email@example.com or in writing at Germany, 50667 Cologne, Richmodstrasse 6, Office 430.